These Delhi day trips tours will make you say Wow, this is my challenge
These Delhi day trips tours will force you to say Wowwwww!
If you are planning to travel to Delhi in the next few days or months, then read this post. I have curated this article on Delhi travel for you and you alone.
There are two packages for you, please choose one of them.
Delhi day trips tours #1
Qutub Minar Complex
If you are planning to limit your Delhi day trips tours to South Delhi, then this package is for you.
We start this leg of this Delhi sightseeing trip by meeting at the Qutub Minar Ticket Counter.
Dates of the Tour
Tour Starts- 9 am
Tour ends- 3.30 pm
First stop- Qutub Minar.
If you are a foreigner, then you will have to pay INR 250 as ticket fees for the Qutub.
Please check this website for ticketing and historical details about the Qutub: http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_whs_qutbminar.asp
Duration- 1 hour
Details- Your tour planner will tell you the history of Delhi, the Rajputs, and the Turks.He will also share some untold stories about the legendary Prithviraj Chauhan and his lady love, Sanyogita.
Prithviraj had become a legend even while he was alive. He had acquired a skill of shooting arrows while blindfolded!
This Delhi day trip will also help you understand the fantastic history of the world famous Qutb Minar, and the various controversies surrounding it.
We will also get to know about Iltutmish and Alauddin Khilji, two Sultans who are buried in the Qutab complex.
Lastly, we also uncover the hidden images and idols of Hindu gods in the Quwwatul Islam Masjid complex.
We will cover this part of the Delhi day trips tours in one hour at the maximum.
Mehrauli Archaeological Park
Next, we go to the Qutub Minar parking lot and get in my car. From here, we go to the Mehrauli Archaeological Park.
The drive to this Park will not take more than 15 minutes.
Duration in the Mehrauli Archaeological Park – 2 hours
- A brief history of Mehrauli
- The timelines of the different dynasties ruling Mehrauli
- The story of Balban and Razia Sultana
- Is the Tomb of Balban haunted?
- The mysterious Jamali Kamali tomb and mosque
- Why was Metcalfe such a hated man in his times?
Please note that this part of the Delhi day trips tours will include significant walking around, so please carry adequate water.
We also cover the following buildings in this sightseeing trip- Tomb of Quli Khan, Boat House, Dilkhusha, and the haunted Rajon ki Baoli.
After we have finished with this leg of the trip, we have coffee + snacks at the Cafe Coffee Day outlet outside the Qutub Minar Complex.
Duration of snack session- 35-45 minutes
From the Qutub Complex, we will go to the little known Azim Khan Tomb which is located on the Mehrauli- Gurgaon Road.
You may want to read about this place here > http://www.ahauntedtravel.com/places-to-visit-in-delhi-azim-khan-tomb/
I swear you will never forget the lovely view from this vantage point.
The last leg of the Delhi day trips tours includes this world famous UNESCO monument of Humayun Tomb.
To read more about this heritage building, please read this article > http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/232
The duration of the ride from Qutub Minar to Humayun Tomb will be 35 minutes.
Please note that I shall drive you to this place in my car.
After buying tickets, we spend the next 2 hours in this lovely building and understanding the Mughal history.
Each of us will buy his individual tickets.
We cover the following aspects here:
- History of the Mughals
- The unfortunate life of Humayun
- Badshahs versus Sultans
- Islamic symbology
- The Mughal harem as per Gulbadan Begum
- Charbagh- is this concept Persian?
- The British imprint on Humayun Tomb
- Is Humayun really buried here?
- Barber’s Tomb- myth versus reality
- Trips to Isa Khan Niazi Tomb and Arab Ki Serai
I hope that this part of the Delhi Sight Seeing Tour will be over by 3 pm.
After we finish with Humayun Tomb, we go back to the Qutub Minar Parking Complex.
Pricing of the Trip
INR-1,500 per person
- Snacks +Beverages ( at the Qutub Minar Complex)
- Transportation- I have a Toyota Car and I will drive you around. Capacity- 1 +4
Please consult this Google Map for driving time and distance from Qutub Minar to Humayun’s Tomb.
Please note that this Delhi day package is kid friendly and is suited for families and couples.
If you are interested in booking this tour, please call me at 9810840 763
You may also write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Delhi Day Trips Tours #2
Dates of the Tour;
Trip number 2 will include the following destinations:
- Akshardham Temple
- Connaught Place
- Chandni Chowk/ Old Delhi/Purani Dilli
- 8 am- Meeting in in the parking complex of Akshardham Temple
- 8-9.30 a.m- Touring the Akshardham Temple
- 9.30-10 a.m- Having a quick breakfast in the Temple canteen.
- 10.30 a.m- Reaching Rajiv Chowk/ Connaught Place. mode of Conveyance- Delhi Metro
- 10.30 a.m- 12.30 p.m- Sightseeing of Rajiv Chowk
- 1.15 p.m- Reaching Chandni Chowk Metro Station by taking the Delhi Metro
- 1.30-2.pm- Lunch at Haldiram’s
- 2.20- 6p.m- Old Delhi Walk ( Shiva Temple +Sisganj Gurudwara +Mirza Ghalib Haveli + Spice Market, Jama Masjid)
- 6 p.m- Walk concludes
Our walk leader would share stories and accounts of all these places that we will be visiting. Please feel free to ask him any question.
Price per person- Rs.3,000
Group discounts available.
Please contact me in case you want to buy a tour for yourself or a group. I am available at 9810840763.